PPI Deadline Countdown
Only 9 days left!
Don't miss your chance... Beat the
Allay Claims Ltd is a claims management company, We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN: 838865. You do not need to use a claims management company to pursue your claim. You can make a complaint to your lender direct, to the Financial Ombudsman Service or the Financial Services Compensation Scheme yourself for free.
Hurry, check if you’ve had PPI before it’s too late.
How to complete your pack
Check your details are correct and fill in any that are missing.
Once you’re happy with everything, sign the bottom of the form.
Send your completed pack back to us using the freepost envelope.
At Allay, we’re always keen to play our part in the community, regularly contributing positively and actively to worthy local and regional causes. In addition to our company fundraising events and initiatives, we also donate £1,000 every single month to four local charities chosen by some of our clients and dedicated employees at Allay.
Still have questions?
Read the answers to some of our most asked questions below.
What is PPI?
PPI (Payment Protection Insurance) is an insurance product sold when taking out a loan, mortgage, credit card or other financial agreement. PPI covers the policy holder for their monthly repayments should they suffer an illness, lose their job or any other situation which results in the policy holder not being able to earn money to meet their commitments.
How can I tell if I have PPI?
Some borrowers were sold PPI policies without even being told about it; so you may have a payment protection insurance policy you weren’t aware of. If you have a loan, it is worth checking:
- The original loan documents and seeing if PPI is mentioned
- Whether there are any other unexplained charges included amongst the repayments
- Your banking history to see if there has been any other direct debits you were not aware of.
Why are Lenders paying back PPI?
In April 2011, The High Court ruled that all lenders who have mis-sold PPI must compensate clients. Millions of claims have already gone through the banks and billions of pounds have been paid out in redress. Often cases have ended up with the Financial Ombudsman Service, where the majority of claims that were refused by lenders where actually found in favour of the consumers and they received compensation.
Do I have a valid PPI claim?
If you have taken out a loan a mortgage or a credit card, you may have been mis-sold PPI. Below is a list of reasons as to why it may have been mis-sold; if you agree with any one of them you may be eligible to make a claim.
- You were not aware you had been sold PPI
- You had previous medical conditions when you bought the PPI policy
- You already had cover with another insurance provider
- The Lender did not investigate your financial situation to ensure the PPI policy was the right policy for you
- You were advised to take out the policy to obtain the loan/credit card agreement
- The sales person was pushy and you felt you had to take out the PPI policy
- Depending on your employment status you may not have needed PPI. For example, if you were self-employed, the PPI policy would not apply to you